The first meal of the day is the one most people skip. We seem to be too busy to eat breakfast, and opt instead to grab a quick coffee and sandwich (if even that) on our way out of the door.
However, a good breakfast is considered the cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle, helping kickstart our metabolism for the day which lies ahead.
Now admittedly there are many healthy options for breakfast. Cottage cheese, some fruit, and/or corn flakes can give that much-needed boost of energy without being too heavy. But everyone (and by this I mean only myself) agrees that there is nothing more rewarding than a full English breakfast.
It’s fat, greasy, takes ages to make at home, and will leave you needing a nap rather than challenge the day. But it’s still great!
Here’s how to make it:
Ingredients (for one person)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 button mushrooms
- 2 sausages
- 4 rashers of bacon
- can of baked beans
- 2 slices of white bread
- salt and pepper
- Heat a pan with about a spoonful of oil
- Toast the bread
- In a small pot of boiling water, put the open can of baked beans inside to warm the contents
- Slice the tomatoes in half and fry them (cut side down)
- Clean and thoroughly dry the mushrooms, and fry them whole (open side up)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the tomatoes and mushrooms
- Fry the sausages and bacon until half done
- Butter the toasted bread
- Fry the eggs sunny side up
- Serve on a warm plate and enjoy with tea or coffee!